Sunday, September 03, 2006

God Volcano


My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb...
And all I remember... is thinking, I want to be like them...
Ever since I was little... ever since I was little, it looked like fun...
And it's no coincidence I've come...
And I can die when I'm done...


It hits me that I'm going to be immersed in All Things Butcherhouse for, perhaps, many years. Between the movie and the play (and potentially sequels), I should be in the Butcher business for a while. Even if I can nail everything on my creative end in good time, getting everything else in place is going to take some time.

But it's cool. There's a lot to explore in it. I hope it's not the only big thing I get to work on creatively.

My goal was always to get an opportunity like this. My new goal is to get many more opportunities. And get my bills paid on time.

What a weird business. I'll be getting paid to make up stories. I guess it's no stranger than what I've been getting paid to do at my office day job for the past 6 years...

30. Four months from 31. The countdown begins for everything I'd like to get done before I die. I should probably start taking better care of myself.