Saturday, August 26, 2006

OH! I'M READY FOR IT! COME ON, BRING IT!!!


Allow me the preemptive DISCLAIMER:

The views of this blog do not represent the views of Paramount Pictures, its parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies.


It may not be out in the press just yet, but the deal is done, folks.

Paramount Pictures has purchased the rights to my play -- "The Butcherhouse Chronicles" -- and will be working with me to adapt it into a movie.

I don't know how long these things usually take, but it's all seemed to happen very quickly.

Suffice it to say, this far beyond any hopes/expectations I had for my SPF experience.

Yes, this changes a lot for me. Yes, I've got my work cut out for me.

But I'm up for this challenge. I can do this. I've been working for an opportunity like this my whole life.

The deal may be done, but the details are still being made clear to me. Thus far, this has been a personal little blog documenting my experience going through the Summer Play Festival. Now that Paramount Pictures owns the rights to "The Butcherhouse Chronicles", I'm not sure if it changes what I'm able to write about here. I'm hoping they don't care about a pissant little BLOGSPOT blog. We'll see...

Paramount seems to be excited about this. I'm obviously excited about this. I've got so many ideas for this adaptation. I'm going to do everything I can to make this work.

This is only the beginning. We are going on a ride.