Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Kiss Me Goodbye!


It might seem silly to prolong the tease here since I've already shared the news with just about everybody I know (just about), but I ain't officially publicizing anything till the ink stains are dry.

To be more cryptic, I'm in the process of settling all my affairs. No, I'm not dying. (Though -- yes -- we are all dying, every day, with every breath, etc.) But perhaps a part of me is dying. Or maybe it died a long while ago. The question I'm meditating on is, what part of me is still alive? And, more importantly, what's being reborn through fire...?

To friends: I don't need you to temper my excitement. I am doing an expert job of keeping in mind all the ways this could end badly. I have always been very good at dwelling on the theoretical negatives. What I need most from you is POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. Don't take it upon yourself to brace me for disappointment. That isn't what I need from you right now. Or ever.

I know what I have to do. I know what's at stake.

Fasten your seatbelts. I'll tell you where we're going soon enough.