Monday, October 23, 2006

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living...


The boys and girls in the clique!
The awful names that they stick!
You’re never gonna fit in much, kid...!
But if you’re troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did!!!

They say the teenagers scare
The living shit out of me!
They could care less
As long as someone’ll bleed!
So darken your clothes!
Or strike a violent pose!
Maybe they’ll leave you alone -- but not me!!


I write. Professionally.

This afternoon, I finally signed the contract with Paramount Pictures.

Deal's done. Advantage: Malice. Game on. Give me a little volume on this.

I've got a rough outline completed for The Butcherhouse Chronicles: The Movie. Based on executive notes. It's a bit crap at the mo, but I'll have it sharpened up by Thursday.

Quite a trip it's been. From before I started this blog, but to think about what's happened since I started this blog earlier this year, it's been a trip. I'm certainly the dark horse. A grateful one.

No time for fuck-ups. No time for fucking up. (Well, okay, maybe a little time.) I've still got everything in the world to prove. I'm through playing hopscotch. I know I'm good, but I know what I can be. It's time to realize that.

It feels oddly lonely, but I'm okay with that for now. I'm young and ready for war.