Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Girl Shake That Laffy Taffy!


It was all a dream...!
I used to read Word Up magazine!
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine!
Hangin' pictures on my wall...
Every Saturday, Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl...
I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped...!


Stupid laptop won't ship till the 23rd. Guess I'm stuck using a notebook and pen on the go for a while longer. I am the embodiment of impatience.

For all the years I worked for it, for all the years I dreamed of it, now that it's upon me... I think it's such a strange thing to get paid to do. Writing stories, that is. I did it growing up, I went to school for it, I spent years writing the speculatives.

And now... what's it mean?

What's it all for, Malice? What's it all for?

Now I just keep going, I guess. I'm not equipped to do anything else with my life. I don't think I'd want to do anything else. At the same time, I wonder if I'll be able to contribute anything meaningful to the world or whether I'm just about to contribute a few samples to the pop culture cacophany that is out there.