Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"raCe caR" is a Palindrome


Watched Les Quatre Cent Coups (The 400 Blows) recently. "The 400 Blows" apparently comes from a French expression which roughly means "Raising Hell". My asshole DVR stopped recording right before the final, iconic shot. So in the version I saw, he just keeps running and if you hadn't seen it before, you'd never know where he's gonna end up...

Doesn't really help me with my current adaptation. (Helps a little with another script I'm redrafting.) What an amazing film. As amazing as Mars. But no, it dudn't help me too much. It's a filmmaker's film. Like "The Shining" is a filmmaker's film. They're great for inspiration, but I can't be writing an art film.

The adaptation's coming into its own, I think. It's good exploring these characters new. Reestablishing them for a world that may never encounter them on a stage. Outsiders.