Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hey, Ladies!


My play's now lacking a Honey Hardbody and a Donna Sweetheart. And I thought we were doing so well...

Honestly, I thought they were going to be the easiest to cast. Not that they're easy parts to play, but the text isn't Shakespeare. I hazard to say they're good parts, open to a variety of "types" and interpretations.

I am thankful that my Casting Director and Play Director are being as choosy as they are. Yes, I have veto power over all the decisions -- the SPF organization is very good about keeping to their mission statement about shows built around supporting the writer -- but I'm not the one who's going to be spending 5 hours a day working with these actors. I'd like us to have a cast that we're all excited about.

But I guess the musical chairs casting is par for the course. It's a top showcase, but it's just a one-week run.

xXx


I've finally updated my website. Not much on it, but it gives you the information you need.

Under screenplays, it lists something called "The Broken Hearted", which is actually a script that I aborted because the premise hewed a bit too close to something that's coming out. But I didn't take it off my list because I like the title and I guess I just have to write an action script with that title...