Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Don't You Know Me...?


Received my "welcome packet" from SPF today. Letter from Arielle Tepper, contracts to sign, contact list, SPF production handbook, schedule for my shows (I'll post them), schedule of industry events. I feel like I'm in college again! An intense, abbreviated program.

There's another party Friday night, at Theatre Row. I love it. When you have no life, you cherish every invitation you can get your grubby little hands on. I'm trying to play it cool, but I can't hide the fact that I'm excited to be in this company. Did I mention that I have no real life to speak of?

June 6th, me and some of my creative team are going to speak at an NYU journalism class. The teacher's a big fan of SPF and she wants her students to get some practice writing about upcoming arts events. I wonder which other teams have been asked to do this.

I'd like to get a better sense of these other teams. It's so easy to keep to your own project in this thing, but I'm genuinely curious! I'm getting to know the other playwrights by GOOGLING them at work, like a fucking stalker. It seems all of them have enjoyed more recognition for their work before SPF than I have. I'm going to be spending a lot of time explaining who I am and what I've done...