Monday, April 14, 2008

Prom Nacht

The Prom Night remake managed to score the number one spot @ the box office this past weekend!

I don't know anyone involved in making it. Don't know anything about the development process that produced it. Didn't see it. Don't know if it's any good.

But I am pleased when a horror movie manages to catch the top spot at the box office.

The immediate prejudice is that it's a dreaded "PG-13 horror movie". A PG-13 rating is a signal to the hardcore horror fans that this is a movie that will pull its punches. It diminishes the concern/anticipation that you will see anything *too* intense.

I really hope my project won't have to shoot for a PG-13. For the language alone, I hope we can make an R-rated movie.

Thankfully, the stage-play can remain what I want it to be. Working on a long-delayed revision of it and I am pleased with the NC-17 language.