Monday, May 21, 2007

Maniac Mansion


File Maniac Mansion as Another Inspiration for The Butcherhouse Chronicles. Though, really, every creepy house-on-a-hill story is the inspiration for TBC. But I did spend many childhood hours playing MANIAC MANSION on my beloved Apple IIc—a computer that, in its lifetime, gave me far less problems than my current Vista PC...

Anyone who checks this blog probably checks my more regularly-updated blog... in which case, you probably know I've just got a few more days to submit another draft of my screenplay. Unofficially, my third draft. (Never put actual draft #s on your scripts, kiddies!)

I haven't got much left to fix. My last draft was very well-received, thanks. Mainly, it's the drudgery of clarifying a few exposition points and smoothing out a little pacing.

I feel good about this week. I feel uncommonly optimistic about the world. Several different projects, that I won't discuss just yet. Launching a career is such a tenuous thing. SPF was an undeniable booster shot.

But the follow-through, baby. That's the trick, isn't it?

Wait for it... it's coming...