Saturday, July 01, 2006

"All Goodbyes Should Be Sudden"


I've just begun the process of redrafting my second play, CHINADOLL OVERDRIVE, yet the writing process of my third play -- ALL GOODBYES SHOULD BE SUDDEN -- officially begins today.

I need to write these plays out.

In the back of my head, I toy with ideas for other plays. Completing a BUTCHERHOUSE TRILOGY...

THE BUTCHERHOUSE CHRONICLES
SUMMER OF BUTCHERS
ALL TOMORROW'S BUTCHERS

The first one takes place in the Spring, focusing on high school kids. The second would take place in the Summer, with college kids. The third, in the autumn, with post-grads. Different characters. Different ideas.

I wouldn't consider writing them unless the first one takes me somewhere. And even then, I would probably wait a while.

For now, it's CHINADOLL OVERDRIVE and ALL GOODBYES SHOULD BE SUDDEN. These are the plays I'll have ready this year. Because I've been dreaming too much. Nessun dorma. This year, no one sleeps.