Monday, June 26, 2006

SPF: The Butcherhouse Chronicles


BILLY CARDIGAN: Matthew Doyle
KURT HAMMER: Billy Wheelan
DONNA SWEETHEART: Anna Chlumsky
HONEY HARDBODY: Kate Morgan Chadwick
MR. GUEST: Vin Knight
MR. STERN: William Youmans
MOTHER BUTCHER: Carole Monferdini
GEORGIE BUTCHER: Todd Cerveris
THE TWIN: Eric Singer

First rehearsal today. Just two weeks, it promises to be quite a sprint...

... but...

... this is going to be sooo bloody cool...

For those who saw the reading 2+ years ago, expect a very different life here. I hadn't seen/met everyone until today, but it's such a strong, diverse cast. Everybody's bringing unique and startling qualities to the table...

I'm walking a fine line talking about my own work -- I'm trying very hard not to sound full of myself. But the actors are bringing out remarkable colors in the text. Finding heart and humor and sadism where they can easily be lost...

It's only day one, but I'm immediately buoyed by how it's going and where I think it's going to go from here. It may make for a boring love-fest of a blog, but the creative team I've got is absolutely top shelf. Squeezing the max out of our limited time and budget.

I just hope people come see this show. (Not just my friends.) If people do come, they aren't going to know what hit them...