Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Can't Hear You!

Went to a TRIBUTE BAND concert Saturday night, @ BB King's on 42nd. Discovered the greatest tribute band in the tri-state area...

TRAGEDY: ALL METAL TRIBUTE TO THE BEE GEES

Featuring "Barry Glibb" on lead vocals (with "Olivia Newton-Chong" among the "Women's Gibb" backing vocalists), TRAGEDY tore the house to pieces.

More than a mere cover-band, they reinterpreted the songs. Pitch-perfect sense of humor. And they just plain rocked.

Bought their album, "We Rock Sweet Balls and Can Do No Wrong" on the way out the venue. I cut together a little YOU TUBE video featuring their version of "How Deep is Your Love?", using a handful of pics I found off their MY SPACE pages:



I'm not entirely proud of the time it took me to cut that together, but I was inspired. We've got to pursue our creative impulses, no matter how frivolous. Plus, I've been kicking around the idea of shooting a documentary on the whole tribute-band world called "I Can't Hear You!"

Or maybe it could be a feature script...

(I really deserves to be a documentary, though.)