Monday, July 09, 2007

Reading of a New Play

I'm having a reading of a new play. Folks at SPF asked me if I had something. This is something I've been playing with for a while now...

CHINADOLL OVERDRIVE
a reading
Aug. 1, Wednesday
8pm
Lion Theatre @ THEATRE ROW

I've got mixed feelings about readings. Particularly this one, where I've got very little control over a multitude of unknown factors.

This play is in a rough state. And I'm a perfectionist in the worst way. But it's probably healthy for me to put this out there. You keep it inside too long and it turns toxic.

It's a strange time for me. I've got a lot of (potentially) exciting things cooking that I have little control over... and this reading's just another thing to worry over.

There's a lot that I like in this play, even though I've kept it under wraps and it's become a bit of a monster. But the reading's free and the play's much shorter than BUTCHERHOUSE.

One night only. It's my robot play.

Labels: