Sunday, July 23, 2006

Envy


Hats off to Peter Morris and his play "Marge". I adored his play.

I managed to see all the SPF plays this week. It was either sulk at home or see some free theater, so I saw a shitload of free theater this weekend.

And I was treated to some terrific, ambitious work. But I have to say, the one that spoke to me most crisply was Peter Morris's gem of a play. Sharp, hilarious, intelligent, economic. Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, a spotless fucking piece. Pitch perfectly staged and acted.

"Training Wisteria", "Spain" and "A Wive's Tale" all contained some remarkable wonders.

But Peter Morris's was the closest to what I aspire to create. If you haven't seen it, you've got to check it out wherever it goes up again.

I successfully crashed this week's opening night and closing night parties. Watch me do it again this week. It ain over till it's over. I'm exploiting this month for every last free drink it's worth...