Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ghosts of Blister Hills


I had a dream last night... that I was on fire.

Don't remember the pain. Don't remember the nature of the accident (attack?). I just remember the disfigurement in the aftermath.

Hunks of flesh were missing from my body. You could see the curvature of organs through parts of my chest and solar plexus. When I took my shirt off, I was a walking anatomy lesson.

This was one of those dreams that felt really long. I remember going to the beach one day with some people (family?); going for a swim and being concerned about the vulnerability of my old wounds. Another day, I "woke up" and went to the bathroom, thinking my old wounds may have just been a bad dream... but when I took off my shirt, there they were.

This was a dream about the aftermath. Scars. I don't remember what caused me to take on all that damage in the first place.

I've been working on this new play...